Monday, June 2, 2008

Oh, Woody.

I've always been a big fan of Woody Allen. I may not be a die hard fan, but I consider him one of my favorite directors, I like his style. And when it comes to Woody Allen there's no middle line, there's either people who love him or people who hate him.
Annie Hall and Manhattan may well be amongst my favorite movies, I even like his 90's era, like Deconstructing Harry, even Small Time Crooks made me laugh. And I've approved his latest movies like Melinda and Melinda, Match Point (which I think is one of Allen's best movies ever) and Scoop.
Now, I recently saw Cassandra's Dream, last year's movie starring Ewan McGregor and Colin Farrell, and I have to say that it has been one of the worst movies I've seen lately. The plot os so slow and irrelevant, it even makes the actors bad, a really strange thing about Allen, who can make almost anyone perform well. I had to finish the movie because I always like to see if anything happens, it never did. My wife left me alone with the movie about halfway through it.
Just a piece of advice if you were thinking about seeing it, don't. Or do and prove me wrong.

No comments: