Monday, January 28, 2008

Dead Hard Drives and Pulp music.

This morning I was informed that my computer's hard drive is dead, or at least dying. There is a big possibility that I might loose all my data. And what hurts me the most is the fact of loosing my 6,000 song music library. Too much technology trusting. I'm pissed and I can't think.
The worst part is that the last time I downloaded songs to my iPod I decided not to download my whole library so that means that I don't have my songs backed up anywhere. So my iPod right now has around 1,000 songs. The ones that made it.
One of those playlists is one by Pulp, one of my favorite bands and definitely one of the biggest bands of the so called 90's movement, Brit Pop. That means I've been listening to them a lot lately, it's almost as if they've helped me through this whole crisis.
From many conversations I've had with peers, there's a lot of people that don't know Pulp, either too well or at all. So here it is, the ultimate Pulp playlist, a good way to start liking this great band. Enjoy.

- Common People
- Do you remember the first time?
- Pink Glove
- Sylvia
- Joyriders
- Something Changed
- Babies
- Lipgloss
- Help the Aged
- Underwear
- Bar Italia
- Razzmatazz
- Like A Friend
- Disco 2000
- Happy Endings
- This Is Hardcore.

This should get you started. By the way, you'll commonly see the album "Different Class" listed as Pulps' best, or even in some "best albums of..." lists. Don't believe that, their best album is by far "His n' Hers".

No comments: