Thursday, January 31, 2008

What's new.

I was talking to a friend today about how I've been kind of falling behind on new music in the last months. Since I got in the Adcenter (now Brandcenter), I've had little to no time to really research new music. Yes I still check Pitchfork and CMJ like twice a week, but I'm not in the look for new bands as I was before coming to Richmond. Maybe that explains why for the first time in years I wasn't able to come up with a best of the year list for 2007.
That said, I hear Vampire Weekend is coming up big now. I just started listening to them so I don't have a veredict yet. But I found this in Pitchfork today: Guest List is a section they do where every week a different artist or band is requested to fill an interesting questionnaire. Vampire Weekend is this week's band. Let's see what this New Yorkers have to say.

Click here to go to the article.

By the way, "In Rainbows" by Radiohead was my 2007 top album.

No comments: