Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Kinko's 2:35 AM.

There's only two customers left. I'm one of them.
Business is slow at this time of the night, but even then the guy helping me is stressed.
He's loosing his patience as I take my time to pick the paper I want. We copywriters don't know a lot about this and it makes me nervous that I will make the wrong decision.
He works at an incredible speed. And it's nearly 3 AM. It's like the guy worked the night shift at an ER in Baltimore.
But it's Kinko's. Richmond's West End.
Across the street from a dark and closed Target and Barnes & Noble.
The other customer in the store is beside me.
He has printed some sort of political campaign posters that show him running for Congress.
He then proceeds to ask the Kinko's employee helping him if she thinks the poster is any good.
She describes it as "very eye-catching."
I start thinking what the world be like if every elected official took campaign advice from random people.
The guy helping me refuses to print my DVD labels.
Mrs. "eye-catching" is eager.
Kinko's (now officially FedEx Office) is deserted.
I'm exhausted.
I'll go to bed now.

No comments: